FAQ   Szukaj   Użytkownicy   Grupy   Rejestracja   Profil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   Zaloguj 
Increase ceiling height or keep at 8ft during major remodel

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Forum Nieruchomości Strona Główna -> Budowa domu
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
Donnieclark
Uczestnik
Uczestnik

PostWysłany: Sob Gru 09, 2017 9:08 am    Temat postu: Increase ceiling height or keep at 8ft during major remodel Odpowiedz z cytatem

I purchased a home built in 1945 knowing that there would be extensive renovations, basically tearing the interior walls down to the studs. The home is currently 956 square feet and I will be adding approximately 600-700 square feet. While searching for inspiration here, I thought about increasing the current ceiling height from 8 feet to 9 or 10 feet.

I would love to increase the ceiling for future DIY projects but am concerned about the time and additional expenses associated with increasing the height. My architect says by increasing the height, we would essentially be demolishing the entire house and keeping only the foundation. Since the walls are currently framed with 2x4s, we would need to sister on 2x6s was what my architect stated. Considering the interior walls will be opened up, would increasing the ceiling height be worthwhile?

Thanks

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References
https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5011157/increase-ceiling-height-or-keep-at-8ft-during-major-remodel-addition#n=35

Business Marketing Examples
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Mieszkaniowy

Wysłany:     Temat postu: Ogłoszenia z portalu

Ładowanie ogłoszeń...
Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Forum Nieruchomości Strona Główna -> Budowa domu Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: