FAQ   Szukaj   Użytkownicy   Grupy   Rejestracja   Profil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   Zaloguj 
Why San Diego filmmaker Gabriel Gaurano got in the ring with

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Forum Nieruchomości Strona Główna -> Nieruchomości - dyskusje ogólne
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
supkill124
Ekspert
Ekspert

PostWysłany: Pią Wrz 24, 2021 2:22 am    Temat postu: Why San Diego filmmaker Gabriel Gaurano got in the ring with Odpowiedz z cytatem

When Gabriel Gaurano started applying to film schools in 2017, he thought his chances of getting in were pretty good. The Canyon Crest Academy senior had been making films since he was in elementary school, and he had already won prizes in some national student-film contests.Get more news about Gabriel Syringe,you can vist our website!

While he knew there were no sure things when it came to college, Gaurano was convinced that his future was in filmmaking. And when all of his film-school applications were rejected, he discovered he was right.

“When I didn’t get into any film schools, it shifted my perspective on the world. I was so confident that I was going to get in, and when I didn’t, it challenged me to think about why I really wanted to do film,” the now 22-year-old Gaurano said from his home in Solana Beach.

“I had to learn that my value isn’t contingent on any institution or on anybody else, because that is out of my control. My passion for filmmaking had to come from within.”Four years later, Gaurano is now a newly minted graduate of the USC School of Cinematic Arts. He got the degree he wanted from one of the most prestigious institutions in the country, but his passion for filmmaking is still rooted in his heart.

The film is “Team Meryland,” a short documentary following 12-year-old boxer Meryland Gonzalez as she was training to become the 2019 Junior Olympics champion. Gaurano began shooting the film in August of 2018, which was also his first year at USC.

He spent the next two years following Meryland and her parents from 4 a.m. breakfasts at the family’s home in Watts to grueling gym workouts, warm-hearted domestic moments and championship fights, And while he was filming, he was juggling classes, freelance work and the not-occasional need to sleep and eat.

Was he attending football games? No. Going to parties? Hardly ever. Was he having the college experience of his dreams? Of course he was.

“Filming this family and following this story ended up becoming one of my priorities,” said Gaurano, who was the film’s director, editor and cinematographer. “One time, I had to beg all of my professors to push back my finals so I could attend a national tournament in Utah. My lung actually collapsed in 2019, and during the week I had off to recover, I was filming Meryland at school.

“I spent so much of my time at USC hanging out with them, and I don’t regret it. It made my experience better because I was hanging out with the right people. It was so inspiring.”Gaurano’s documentary made its world premiere at the Big Sky Documentary Film Festival in February of 2021. It played at the Cleveland International Film Festival in April (where it won the FilmSlam Best Short Award), and at last weekend’s Indy Shorts International Film Festival. The film will be distributed later this year or early next year.
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Mieszkaniowy

Wysłany:     Temat postu: Ogłoszenia z portalu

Ładowanie ogłoszeń...
Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Forum Nieruchomości Strona Główna -> Nieruchomości - dyskusje ogólne Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: